Disposable Medical Instruments Ltd is committed to leading the industry in minimising the impact of its activities on the environment.
The key points of its strategy to achieve this are:
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- Minimise toxic emissions through the selection and use of its fleet and the source of its power requirement.
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst its customers and suppliers.
- Source and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the company.
An example of how Disposable Medical Instruments achieved this in 2010 was by reducing the way we packaged our range of podiatry products. This change not only saved on transport and packaging it also allowed for more space in store cupboards in surgeries and clinics.